Welcome to YBA Spring Tournament season:
Please read and turn in the below signed for our records.
- No Practice March 21-25th for Spring Break
- Practice schedule posted on our website Under "Practice Schedule" (Click Here)
- Tournament Schedule posted on our website "Tournament Schedule" (Click Here)
- How to get your game times. (Read Here) Typically games are 2-4 games on the weekend Sat and/or Sun. In a season most teams will play 20-30 Games.
- Coaches/players contact info is located on our website, LOG ON to our website, Click Teams, Find your team, Click roster left middle, upper right middle there is an option button if you want to email the team.
- Get your AAU Card (Click Here) Turn in the following to your team mom (AAU Card, Birth Certificate and Report Card)
End of the year tournament! Book Reno Hotels NOW!! (Click Here to Read and find hotels) This is the end of the year tournament in the spring when all the teams play and there is 1100 teams playing at this venue so prices go up every day they will sell out!!!
Reno Peppermill (Less then a mile from the event) (Close and Nice)
Peppermill Tower Delux (365 sq ft King $189/night)
May 5th (Cut off) $189.00
Credit Card to hold
group name: team select basketball
group code: LTMS16
Boomtown Reno, (14 Miles) (Drive a little farther and SAVE BIG)
Phone number: 775-345-6000
Group Code: SYBA
2100 Garson Road, Verdi, NV 89439 (Drive 10 min longer save BIG!!)
2 queen bed south tower…..$119 + $6 resort fee
We offer a competitive basketball experience with coaches that are knowledgeable, passionate and professional. Our club fosters academics, hard-work, learning, fun and positive experience. We will model good sportsmanship, team values along with being a student athlete.
Our coaches expectations will be professional, communicate weekly, be on time, dressed professionally and set an example for your children on and off the court. All our coaches are certified through PCA (Positive Coaching Alliance) and Fingerprinted.
Our parents expectations: When you come to games, cheer for all the kids, not just yours. Please keep your comments positive. No YELLING or negative comments at referees, coaches, parents or players. If a coach, you, or your child’s behavior is unacceptable we will follow the guidelines set forth in the YBA handbook regarding discipline. Coaches Committee consists of me, Coach Shaw and Coach Robinson please report issues immediately to me or a coach’s committee member. Our club is striving to be the model of sportsmanship along with being professional and competitive.
YBA has a 24 hour rule: DO NOT approach the coach about playing time until 24 hours after a game this would include, positions, game situation and other players. Playing time is coaches discretion and requires 24 hours so no emotions are attached with conversations between coach and parent. Protocol is to have your player talk to coach, Email coach, set up a meeting between the coaches if you need to talk to coaches about playing time.
Please email me with any questions and sign below and we are looking forward to a great year!
Ken Gee YBA Director